You would be a part of the team developing a real-time system for processing of foreign exchange products, including support for a customer dealing portal, interfacing to third-party platforms/systems, trade capture, position/risk management, confirmation/settlement, and accounting. The system has a web-based user interface and a rich technology stack.
What you will be doing:
- Document low-level designs based on high-level design documents.
- Participate in low-level design reviews.
- Participate in code reviews of own and other’s work.
- Resolve programming problems/answer questions.
- Maintain current knowledge of software development practices.
- Practice good coding techniques (reusability of code, code optimized for performance, etc.)
- Developing new functionality as well as maintaining the existing architecture.
- Requirements gathering.
- Working with QA engineers and business analysts.
- Production support.
What you bring:
- 2+ years of experience in Java SE / J2EE.
- Experience in client/server development.
- Knowledge of service-oriented architecture and design.
- Good knowledge of object-oriented fundamentals and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of relational database concepts and SQL.
- Good English language skills.
- Optional qualifications:
- Knowledge of capital markets, financial software and trading-related processes.
- Experience with Scrum or other agile software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of C/C++.
What we offer you:
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
- Competitive salary and attractive range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing (including private healthcare, 27 days of vacation, work from home etc.)
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset